X

Great Tool Site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Tool Site

Just want to share something I found. I recently changed my chain and rather than buy a quality chain tool that maybe would be used once or twice I found this site that rents Ducati tools. Most are Ducati specific but they do rent the RK chain tool (know as the best chain tool made) and a laser chain alignment tool for $29.95 USD that includes shipping to and from. They will charge an additional $100.00 deposit that is refunded and you have a full thirty days to return it. Excellent instructions are included. That tool new is about $100.00. The change was a breeze and I spent more time cleaning out the chain lube gunk around the front sprocket than anything else. They said they will soon be offering a tool for carb vacume synching.

http://ducatitoolren.../Tool_Kits.html
    Last edited by expvet; 06-11-2014, 05:52 PM.

So, it'll cost $129.95 for a $100 dollar tool? I realize that you get the $100 dollar deposit back, but do you really think this is the last chain you'll need. I don't understand the benefit of renting a tool you don't use all the time. Just buy the thing and be done with it. Shit, charge all your friends $25 bucks to do their chains. You'll make money in no time.

Comment

It comes to a flat $29.95 but that also includeds a quality laser chain alignment tool. I invested my money on a high quality DID X chain and OEM sprockets which maintained well should give me 15 to 20,000 miles. In the east coast thats about 4+ years of riding for me.

Comment

Hey man, that's cool, If you think it's a good deal that's all that matters.
        Last edited by arsenic; 06-12-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X