Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Question about air filter/start up issue.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about air filter/start up issue.

Hello everyone, I have a couple questions I was wondering if I could get help with. I have a 2005 750 Kat. Firstly, I pulled the gas tank off today and took a look at my air filter. These are some pictures

Can this particular type of filter be cleaned, or should I replace it? If so, what would you recommend as a worthy replacement.

Secondly, I've been having some issues starting the bike. When I first start it (without the choke on) the bike will start and eventually stall out. The bike won't start with the choke on in warm weather, but it will get running if I twist the throttle a bit and then put the choke on. Even then the idle is somewhat erratic but eventually calms down once it warms up. I was just wondering if you guys could give me a place to start from trouble shooting wise.

Thank you so much for your help.

They are not cleanable, Suzuki stock filter or equivalent. There are after market filters, they must be the same design. NO K&N FILTER OR PODS. Check your carb sync.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      They are not cleanable, Suzuki stock filter or equivalent. There are after market filters, they must be the same design. NO K&N FILTER OR PODS. Check your carb sync.
      No Uni filters either. Any foam "high-flow" air filter are not going to provide positive results. You want to use a paper filter element, like the one pictured.

Comment

Emgo paper filter all day. It's like $40 though. You will regret taking the cheaper route.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Paid half that for my last one...
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
            I've been jewed!! lol. nxt time I guess ill find a cheaper parts source!
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I bought this just the other day . cheap and fast shipping.

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
              X