X

What's this 4th Oring in my carb rebuild kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this 4th Oring in my carb rebuild kit

The left two are for the floats. The upper right is for my mixture screw. What is the bottom right one for?

My kit is the K&L 15-5060 rebuild kit for a 1994 GSX600F

Are you 100% sure the floats o-rings (needle valve o-rings) are the left two? Because that is wrong. The two bottom o-rings are the needle valve o-rings. The top left is the o-ring that goes under the plastic slide guide.

Comment

I'd guess the 4th (which ever it is) is for under the vacuum cap on top of the carbs. Goes under the cap, right where the vacuum port is.

Part #16 on this page: Bike Bandit

Trust arsenic though, he's the man when it comes to carbs...
      Last edited by skjeflo; 06-10-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
        I'd guess the 4th (which ever it is) is for under the vacuum cap on top of the carbs. Goes under the cap, right where the vacuum port is.

Part #16 on this page: Bike Bandit

Trust arsenic though, he's the man when it comes to carbs...
        I totally forgot about that o-ring. I remember trying to figure out which o-rings in the K&L kit go where, and I defiantly remember that o-ring under the plastic slide guide being included. But you might be right, that could be the sync port o-ring to, that would make complete sense.

Comment

The bottom right oring is way too small and tight to go on the smallest port for the float.I tried it and it gave me absolutely no resistance at all when installing the float. So I figured it couldn't be right. I read that those floats should go in snuggly.

If that 4th oring is infact the oring for the bottom of the cap then it doesn't fit well. Its not a good fit at all. I mean it works but it doesn't go in snuggly like an oring should.

If that 4th oring is indeed for under the black cap then are you still certin that I installed my float rings incorrectly?

Comment

I'm not certain you did anything correctly, you did it not me.

Comment

That's why I tried to describe what I did. I'm pretty surprised that so many places sell this kit. Yet not one of them describes the contents of it. Are we all supposed to play a game of "I think it goes here?" I sent an email to K and L. I'll let you guys know next month when they tell me.

Comment

The ring on the right is old, the ring on the left is new. I took the old one off the larger of the two needle valve orings. The newer one is the largest oring of the 4 in the rebuild kit. Both new and old rings weight .06 grams. The old one is .06" tall laying flat. And the new one is .05". I'm guessing because it isn't squished and dry rotted yet. Or I could have been too tight with the calipers. I think I was gentle.

I ended up switching them to what you suggested. The medium oring in the kit is on the larger needle valve orings. Minus the slide guides. Not sure how to get those out. Do I need a punch? Is it worth doing? Seems optional, like my needle valves. They were perfect, but I switched them anyway with the new ones.

Anyway, the float seats completely and easily. Hopefully it seals.

Comment

Take the main jet out of the emulsion tube. Thread in an M5x.8 screw, the float bowl screws work. Hit the head of the screw with the butt of a screwdriver to knock the emulsion tube lose. Now flip the carb over and pull the slide guide and emulsion tube out.

Comment

Working...
                  X