X

My bikes top 3 problems.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bikes top 3 problems.

Instead of flooding this place with individual issues I'm hoping its cool to type my top three. This is for a 1994 GSX600F

My clutch lever has a lot of play to it. I noticed that you can tighten that assembly up or loosen it so they're further apart. What is the best way to set it?

Question 2. My bikes previous owner crimped on a 6 inch long much thicker guage wire with dual thick ring battery terminal connectors on it. I'm guessing this isn't stock at all and infact poses a very serious electrical risk. So I'm cutting it off and just crimping the proper terminal at the end of my red wire. How many inches long is the red (positive) wire that connects to the battery? I'm 99% sure I have enough slack, I just want to be sure.

And third, all my slow jets are clear, but one of them is a little tighter than all the others. I can't remove it because its stripped. Do you guys have any tips on how to clean it while its still in its hole? I have passed small wire through it, soaked it in carb cleaner and ultrasonic cleaned it several times. Its open, but not as open as all the others. I tried extracting it with a sharpened allen wrench but its for sure never coming out. So my best bet is to clean it inside.

Originally posted by Miguelito View Post
    Instead of flooding this place with individual issues I'm hoping its cool to type my top three. This is for a 1994 GSX600F

My clutch lever has a lot of play to it. I noticed that you can tighten that assembly up or loosen it so they're further apart. What is the best way to set it?

Question 2. My bikes previous owner crimped on a 6 inch long much thicker guage wire with dual thick ring battery terminal connectors on it. I'm guessing this isn't stock at all and infact poses a very serious electrical risk. So I'm cutting it off and just crimping the proper terminal at the end of my red wire. How many inches long is the red (positive) wire that connects to the battery? I'm 99% sure I have enough slack, I just want to be sure.

And third, all my slow jets are clear, but one of them is a little tighter than all the others. I can't remove it because its stripped. Do you guys have any tips on how to clean it while its still in its hole? I have passed small wire through it, soaked it in carb cleaner and ultrasonic cleaned it several times. Its open, but not as open as all the others. I tried extracting it with a sharpened allen wrench but its for sure never coming out. So my best bet is to clean it inside.

Clutch: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698

Battery Wire: Just needs to be long enough to reach the connection points. excess is not needed.

Pilot Jet: use an easy out or extractor and remove the jet. replace with new. It's already damaged enough at this point that it is not going to work right.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X