Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Throttle is Weak when I first start it for a while...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle is Weak when I first start it for a while...

I know this is basic stuff butttttttt, idfk what to do, I'm assuming it's spark plug issue although I just replaced them but the wires seemed like junk. 95 750 kat all orig no mods. I'm assuming you'll say "change the wires" yeah but what if that isn't it? I don't like sitting around waiting I need some input. Thank you.

Originally posted by YakuzaEmpire View Post
    I know this is basic stuff butttttttt, idfk what to do, I'm assuming it's spark plug issue although I just replaced them but the wires seemed like junk. 95 750 kat all orig no mods. I'm assuming you'll say "change the wires" yeah but what if that isn't it? I don't like sitting around waiting I need some input. Thank you.

Pull the boots off, remove 1/2" of wire with clippers, screw the boots back on.

Run the bike in low light/dark with the tank off. Look at the wires and into the plug wells, look for any arcing.

If you see an arc, that is a problem that would rob you of power.

If none of that fixes your issue, then I would look at fueling/carbs.

Please note that in general, you start these bikes with a "choke" that is actually a fuel enrichment system. Your adding fuel when you pull the lever. Cold engines needs more fuel. Hot engines run better with a more lean fuel mix. So part of it could be that the engine is not warm enough if your expecting an immediately good running and powerful bike when first started. An incorrect mix of a/f setup because of carbs settings or cleanliness issues could delay the bike from running well until very hot due to the normal setup on your bike being abnormally lean.

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 05-29-2014, 01:31 AM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Now that's what I was looking for. Thank you for your time to explain! I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

If it's carb related, go to the wiki and read carbs 101. It'll explain how to clean and rebuild your carbs.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
        X