Valve stem seal replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve stem seal replacement

Hey guys

so my kat with 63 000km on it has been starting to use a whole lot of oil lately. for every 3000km it drinks 1 liter of oil. There arent any leaks or anything , it being burned in the combustion chamber unfortunately.

I only see a little black smoke when its cold and then it goes away but its definately burning the oil when its hot too.

So ive decided to change the valve stem seals and see if it helps.

any suggestions or thoughts ?
    2015 BMW S1000R

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
    Hey guys

so my kat with 63 000km on it has been starting to use a whole lot of oil lately. for every 3000km it drinks 1 liter of oil. There arent any leaks or anything , it being burned in the combustion chamber unfortunately.

I only see a little black smoke when its cold and then it goes away but its definately burning the oil when its hot too.

So ive decided to change the valve stem seals and see if it helps.

any suggestions or thoughts ?

If your in that far, check the rings.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I wasnt planning on taking the head off. I was thinking if it comes to that I will just live with it till I sell the bike
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

That's what I thought, new cylinder and pistons later.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X