X

Need help on a fuel tank pre Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on a fuel tank pre Kat

My fuel tank leaks BAD I found a tank for a 2006 600f, will it fit my 1990 600??? If not what can I do to fix my tank?? Epoxies? JB Weld? Anything?
    Tommy

Originally posted by TommyGSX600F View Post
    My fuel tank leaks BAD I found a tank for a 2006 600f, will it fit my 1990 600??? If not what can I do to fix my tank?? Epoxies? JB Weld? Anything?

If your bike is fightered ( no fairings) then yes, it would work with some minor mods to the fuel sensor connector and swapping the petcock. If you have the main fairings, no... wont' match up in the correct shape.

Repair depends on how bad the tank is, and why it's leaking. If an entire section is rusted out super thin with pin holes, then that would need to be cut out and a new section welded/brazed in. If it's just a very small pin hole or separation of the crimped/sealed edges along the bottom, then Por-15 will help with that. If it's dripping/pooring out, then you need to repair it before the Por-15 coating to seal it.

If the drain line is leaking, a new one could be put in and brazed into place.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X