X

1997 gsx600f kat rear shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 gsx600f kat rear shock

Hey guys, am i right in saying that the rear shock from a 98+ is a direct replacement for my 97 kat? if so is there anything that has to be done or just as simple as take my old one out and bolt in the 98+ shock?
    Think my rear is not as it should be and parts for the 98+ kat seem to be easyer for me to get hold of.
    cheers
    steve

Originally posted by stevefin78 View Post
    Hey guys, am i right in saying that the rear shock from a 98+ is a direct replacement for my 97 kat? if so is there anything that has to be done or just as simple as take my old one out and bolt in the 98+ shock?
    Think my rear is not as it should be and parts for the 98+ kat seem to be easyer for me to get hold of.
    cheers
    steve

Someone with a more definitive answer like Tmod should be along, but I can't think of any major differences that would make it not an option. I'm pretty sure there are some threads that have actual measurements on the post shock you can use to compare by. Use the google search option for that research.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X