X

does this carb look right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this carb look right

I just recently bought a 96 suzuki gsx 600f katana. the gas is somehow going into the oil can, and there's small parts missing outside the carburetor on the lower shaft, I think, where there should be a tee going into a hose. I think there's also more to it than just that hose. Please give me your advice.
    Attached Files

If you have fuel in the oil, your float needles are allowing fuel to leak past them.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

it wouldn't allow me to make the pics larger. Thanks for the advice I'll look into it

Comment

I'd start with the float heights. There is no doubt the float bowls have been off because only the bowl on carb #4 is in the right spot. If the guy that dug into the carbs can't even managed to put the float bowls on correctly, I don't have faith in anything else being right.

Comment

Agreed.

Also the tiny pics that I can't see well is leading me to think the caps on top are put on wrong too or are damaged. That would be another major issue that you need to resolve.

For that matter, I would suggest you consider a full rebuild.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Or buy a set from Arsenic and be done with it ?

Colin.
            Carpe Jugulum...
            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Also the tiny pics that I can't see well is leading me to think the caps on top are put on wrong too or are damaged. That would be another major issue that you need to resolve.

For that matter, I would suggest you consider a full rebuild.

Krey
              Three caps one direction, one cap the other by the looks of things.
              Bowls put in wrong positions.
              Who knows what else is wrong with them....

Trust Krey on this one, go through them yourself while doing a full rebuild. Or buy a set from Arsenic.

Comment

Working...
              X