X

New clutch plates? confused.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New clutch plates? confused.

Hey all, the clutch is blown on my katana, If i rev past 3-4k i get no power it's like its in neutral. Im fairly certain it's the clutch but i've never changed one myself. Anyone know what i'll need to buy to get her back on the road? My father, a mechanic for cars. Says i need new clutch plates but he's not too helpful. Anyone got any tips?

just get the kit with springs its easy just dont over tighten things and use lock tite

Comment

try an oil change and check that the clutch wire has some play when you let go first before you change the clutch.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
        just get the kit with springs its easy just dont over tighten things and use lock tite
        If you replace the clutch pack just order up new bolts while you're at it.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Alright. Gonna open it up today when i get home. Ordered new plates anyhow, I will probably need them eventually anyhow. What are some things im looking for besides the plates and pads being black?

Comment

Check the basket for excessive grooving, a new gasket also.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

if your kit dont come with new steel plates have your old ones beed blasted : about 10 bucks : and most cases its the week springs that go bad , did you use the wrong oil to make it slip ? do you have clutch slack play ?

Comment

J went to take the cover off and its stuck on... ive tried hitting it with a rubbet mallet while pulling from the fill hole and no luck.... any suggestions?

I think i tore the clutch up with all the wheelies... :/ it was slipping a bit when i bought it.
                Last edited by HighRisk; 03-12-2014, 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

These are some pics, does it look like they could be the cause?

Comment

And having trouble finding a clutch cover gasket online...

Comment

Home made from kellogs cornflakes box works for me
                      Carpe Jugulum...
                      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Got some of the rubber+corkscrew gasket material... idk what order to put them in though xD

Comment

Also, what do i torque the bolts with the springs to?

Comment

Working...
                          X