No announcement yet.
X

Idle rpm to high

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know this website has a search button right?

Comment

Dont seem to find any homemade ones :P

Comment

Does anyone have an extra Diaphram cover, I want to sync my carbs but one of them is broken off if anyone has an extra one let me know! please I cant post in the wanted section if someone can for me thatd be great!

Comment

Call me crazy but if the airbox being off makes the bike idle lower, then shouldnt you be troubleshooting the bike with the airbox on? These bikes are designed to rely on that airbox, if you tune the bike to run "right" without it, when you put it on, of course its not going to run right. You keep coming back to "if i take the airbox off...." that shouldnt be a troubleshooting technique in my opinion. Leave the airbox on, check for vacuum leaks and sync your carbs....
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Yes, troubleshoot with airbox on.

A broken diaphragm cover would be a pretty major vacuum leak.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hello just an update I bought a sync tool and I got the carbs synced only problem is rpm is at idle is at like 2500 if I turn the idle control screw it dies out if I turn it up it hits 4000

Im getting stressed out if anyone could rebuild my carbs or tune them let me know I can pay through paypal im a noobie

Comment

Arsenic sells rebuilt sets. Pm him
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I don't have a pre 98 750 set..

Comment

Does anyone rebuild carburetors here? I just want to ride this bike this up coming season.

A quick question as-well fellas pretty emberassing. But you have to ask if you dont understand :P

I took apart my carburetors a while ago I took the a/f mixture screws and when I put them back on I just screwed them on. Now after looking at various posts "carb 101' and others it states 2.25 turns out correct me if im wrong. Now when you say 2.25 turn out does it mean I turn those screws all the way in and Then using a flat head turn them out 2.25 turns? Guessing? Or is there a tool?
                    Last edited by Penalozamax; 04-02-2014, 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Should say 2.5 turns I believe. But yes. Turn in the screws all the way until they are LIGHTLY seated, then turn them out 2.5 turns. If you had the screws out, are you sure the oring and washer are still in there? Could easily fall out if you don't know they're there in the 1st place.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I just bought a pre 98 750 set, but I also just placed an order from BikeBandit yesterday. So that set is current 4th on the list, but I could move it up to 3rd. Possibly even 2nd. I'm pretty sure it has DJ needles, so I have to order main jets from Dynojet. And I need to order the new parts, which I won't know 100% what all I need until they get here.

Comment

How much would you like for that set of carburetors, I could give you 2 sets of katana 750 carburetors, 1 set has everything (which is the one that I cant get to work right) and the other has no parts just the 4 carburetors

Or how much if you could help a fellow kat member that wants to ride his kat. Lol if you knkw anyone that could repair my carburetors or tune them or whatever the problem is
                            Last edited by Penalozamax; 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                            X