X

After fire after sitting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After fire after sitting

I've combed the threads here and found a few ideas to try but...I installed a fp stage 1 in the fall at the same time as a yoshi slip on. After much adjusting as per the instructions I got her screaming down the road. It smelled a bit rich, but ran and idled well. Cold weather hit and she sat for a couple months. Only run 93 octane. I started it up last weekend for a quick ride. Started, but didn't idle up on choke as it once did. Then died. Started again. Idled a moment. Died. Now won't start and got a couple of after fires. Any thoughts?

your carbs are probably gummed up. try a good dose of seafoam in your tank. if it's a Katana use 87 octane. you may have to clean the pilot circuits. also check your oil for fuel contamination. if so change oil and filter.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

It's a 2006 600. What about the ethanol in the lower octane fuel?

Comment

Where I'm at all fuel grades have ethanol. Are you sure your 93 octane fuels don't?
        Definitely sounds like dirty pilot circuit though. Read and follow carbs 102 ( in the wiki) There's a video walk through of it too.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Bad gas. I'd drain and clean the bowls, drain the fuel in the tank, flush it out with new gas,...

(optional; once flushed blow dry with air then use 1:1 mix of oil/gas, about 1 cup or so... coat the tank fully inside... will reduce rust issues going forward.)

... and start with fresh fuel with a normal dose of fuel system cleaner in it. If that doesn't get the bike running, your going to need to clean the carbs by pulling them off the bike and disassembly.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to the world of ethanol ...
            The only thing it does well is to piss you off!

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Working...
            X