X

Bearing Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearing Issue

Mostly a frustration vent, but I've been banging on this bearing for a while now and I've done nothing but tear to shreds. It's on the rear wheel, one bearing came out fine, the other side nada. Is there a retaining ring I don't know about?

Also I was checking my valve clearance, def sounded like it needed adjusted. The odd thing was that the ones that were off, were actually to tight of clearance. Is this a no big deal sort of thing or is this a hint towards something else being wrong? I guess I was expecting them to be loose if they were out of spec.
    Last edited by 90KatSix; 03-10-2014, 06:18 PM.

Originally posted by 90KatSix View Post
    Mostly a frustration vent, but I've been banging on this bearing for a while now and I've done nothing but tear to shreds. It's on the rear wheel, one bearing came out fine, the other side nada. Is there a retaining ring I don't know about?

Also I was checking my valve clearance, def sounded like it needed adjusted. The odd thing was that the ones that were off, were actually to tight of clearance. Is this a no big deal sort of thing or is this a hint towards something else being wrong? I guess I was expecting them to be loose if they were out of spec.

Bearing - use heat on the wheel to loosen it up. Make sure your using something to keep the bearing straight, cause if it gets cocked in the hole and your banging on it, you can destroy the surface it sits on and make things much worse.

Valve clearances can adjust either tighter or looser when the engine is running. One or the other is not indicative to a problem other than being out of adjustment. The exception to that is if the clearance is WAY out... then your probably checking it wrong and adjusting it at that point would cause a problem.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Alright good deal. Thank you very much. I shall continue banging it then, but with heat, haha.

Comment

I was getting a knocking from my kat when accelerating hard. Thought it was valves so checked them. and a few other things but it came down to a worn front wheel bearing, changed all ok now. It sounded like engine or rear drive chain knocking

Comment

Working...
        X