Berryman's soak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berryman's soak

Chris,
    Soaked my stripped carbs in Berryman's for 24 hrs but not as clean as I would like.
    Can I soak for another 24 without any issues?

TIA!

All you want to know is right here ~

Yeah, but it's not really going to make them look any better. Berrymans removes gunk and break down deposits that clog passages. It doesn't make stuff look pretty.

Comment

I don't recommend more than a 24 hour soak without a rinse in between.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Heck I just did all 4 of my carbs and they were looking much better with only 2-3 hour soaks.
        Id soak for an hour and then rinse using an old toothbrush to break up the gunk then dry with compressed air. Then soak and repeat an hour later.

Comment

I've yet to find (after much testing) any chemical options to make "pretty". Soft abrasive options like blasting them is about the only way I've seen that will work in a timely and economical manner (once you have a blast setup).

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            I've yet to find (after much testing) any chemical options to make "pretty". Soft abrasive options like blasting them is about the only way I've seen that will work in a timely and economical manner (once you have a blast setup).
            He speaks the truth.

Comment

Thanks to all,
              I soaked and rinsed, PO spray painted so I am going to soak again and scrub.
              Was more concerned about damaging the butterfly seals (felts or plastic) than anything.
              They are the only thing I did not remove.

Chris, you are right ...
              My jets were covered in green goo and oxidized, 24 hour later I see brass again.
              Mine may never look as good as yours but I know they will be clean.

Comment

Yeah, they don't have to look pretty to be clean, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Comment

Chris,
                  I need your help again my friend.
                  Got sidetracked for a few weeks and started back on the carbs, the problem is this.
                  I just noticed from what I can read, that 1,2,3 are 117.5 on the main jets however #4 is a completely different animal reading 50. At first I though it was plugged because the hole was so much smaller than the others but I am sure it does not belong here.
                  Please advise ...

Comment

Okay, you know how there are two jets, 1 in front of the other? The one towards the front, the mixture screws side is called a starter jet. It' #50. The one directly behind it is the main jet size 117.5. I'm guessing you have a 98+ 750? That one uses those jets.

Comment

05 750 and you are correct, had #4 mixed up between jets... All is good
                      Thanks again for all of your help Chris!

Comment

Working...
                      X