X

Levers and shifter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levers and shifter

Hey all just looking for some input. I have a 96 600 an I'm looking to change some things up I have read online that I can use post kat levers and they will work but do I need to do any modding for it? And I have seen the cnc ones on eBay anyone tried them? Any good? Other that that has any one tried aftermarket shifter and brake if so what kind havnt found any just looking into it.

Bought mine from http://shop.the2wheels.com/ and they are real nice on my 98+. No idea if they fit the pre Kat.
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

they do, and no you don't have to modify anything.

Comment

only down side ive heard about the shop2wheels is some colors fade over time
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Thanks for the inputs

Comment

If they are anodised aluminium then yes - they will fade. The look great when new, but rather ratty after a year or so in the sun and being ridden. Blue and red fade more noticeably..

I have short stubby levers, they had gold anodised adjusters that are now a pale bronze colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
              If they are anodised aluminium then yes - they will fade. The look great when new, but rather ratty after a year or so in the sun and being ridden. Blue and red fade more noticeably.. I have short stubby levers, they had gold anodised adjusters that are now a pale bronze colour.
              Ya looking into silver ones

Comment

either way they're stupid cheap vs some others.

Stumpy how do you like the shortys? A lot of pull increase?
                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Oh Craven I just love the stubby's!

I don't need to wrap my (many times broken) pinkies on to them, they don't snap or curl if bike drops (my GF got fed up paying for new levers when learning lol) and the increase in pull force is barely there. As the lever is shorter, you also get greater feedback from the clutch and front brakes, so I find it easier to know exactly what they are doing.

Some people hate the look of them, but for me they work great.

Comment

That's what in trying to figure out I got my current set of full length but I'm thinking maybe a set of shortys

Comment

If you are used to full length levers, the short ones can be quite disconcerting to begin with.

You suddenly have at least one whole spare finger, and a bulge in an uncomfortable spot in the middle of your outside finger from the end ball.

Some like it, some don't. I've even heard of people installing stubby's to give them extra power while braking. Or a little finer clutch control.

Those people are best ignored. Archimedes would have a great laugh.

What the shorter levers DO do though, as your hands exert less of a levering force, is allow you to feel the tiny movements both of the clutch and brakes. You cannot control them better, and you absolutely cannot exert more force, but the shorts dampen less and you get more tactile feedback.

I cannot explain it properly. Slap on a cheap set, ride it, see what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                        If you are used to full length levers, the short ones can be quite disconcerting to begin with. You suddenly have at least one whole spare finger, and a bulge in an uncomfortable spot in the middle of your outside finger from the end ball. Some like it, some don't. I've even heard of people installing stubby's to give them extra power while braking. Or a little finer clutch control. Those people are best ignored. Archimedes would have a great laugh. What the shorter levers DO do though, as your hands exert less of a levering force, is allow you to feel the tiny movements both of the clutch and brakes. You cannot control them better, and you absolutely cannot exert more force, but the shorts dampen less and you get more tactile feedback. I cannot explain it properly. Slap on a cheap set, ride it, see what you think!
                        Ya I'm used to long ones but only use a fingers to pull each lever in so thinking short ones won't be too bad

Comment

Working...
                        X