on

Comment

I appreciate it. Thanks
      Lt. George Hicks, D-8
      Anti Terrorism Officer Deputy Commander
      Hazardous Operations Division
      God Bless the USA

Comment

Should all of the brass butterflies open at the same time? I synced the carbs and the bike is running much better but while syncing the carbs I lifted the black pieces that hang down on the 3 and 4 carb so I could see the butterflies and noticed the number 4 butterfly does not open when the number 3 opens... Is adjusting the butterflies a mechanical adjustment (the screws you turn when syncing)or does vacuum determine when they open? Shouldn't they all open together? Thanks for any advice
        Lt. George Hicks, D-8
        God Bless the USA

Comment

If the world was perfect, yes would be the answer.

But no, they shouldn't all necessarily open at the same time.

A bench sync gets them all to open at the same time, have the same gap -- but this isn't perfect. You do a sync so that you can get all the carbs pulling the same vacuum. They pull different vacuums because of wear & tear, valve clearances, air flow, and tons of other things.

When these vacuums are even (even if the butterflies aren't), your bike runs nice because you're getting even operation (except for the butterflies) from your carbs.
          - Purplehaze
          All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Cool thanks brother that's what I was looking for... The bike is definitely running a lot bet and definitely quicker. Thanks for the advice
            Lt. George Hicks, D-8
            God Bless the USA

Comment

Working...
            X