X

Wileyco Info.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wileyco Info.

I emailed Wileyco about why the midpipe was so hard to fit and this is the replyI got:

From: Service / Wileyco Italia s.r.l. [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:55 AM
    To: William A. Stone
    Subject: Re: Part Number WC857 Oval

This exhaust will not fit your bike. Please return it to where you purchased the system.

Did you purchase this on e-bay?

Steve

I emailed them back and said that I was lookig to buy one on ebay but hadnt bought it yet. I also ask if I could get a better fitting midpipe and this was their reply:

From: Service / Wileyco Italia s.r.l. [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:01 AM
    To: William A. Stone
    Subject: Re: Part Number WC857 Oval

Yes we do have an adapter but it fits the new style muffler that you don't have. These e-bay deals are not correct. I suggest you not buy from seller.
    My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

I bought my Katana in May of 03 and even then on Katanaplanet.com they raved about the Wileyco's but bitched about the fit. They were hard to find and popped up cheap occasionally, $50 was the lowest I've seen. So of Course people would grab them when they did surface.

The model number on mine matches the model number on the Wileyco website for the 98-00 Katana's, unless of course if the GSX(F) is refering to the bandit .

Now althought I have never worked on anything other than my 03, it does seem that in general the 98-06 are the same engine wise.

I'm sure special$K$ who has Salvaged many Kats can comment or CP may know with his Book research but over all I would assume the exhaust system is unchanged for the last 8 years on the Katana, except for the new muffler shape in 04+ that is.

After reading complaints about the fit in 2003, it is hardly surprising that in 06 they still don't fit. (BTW my warranty card is Dated Feb/01), the Fact that the website states 98-00 tell's me they stopped making these 6 years ago.

I would email the guy back and ask why it's not for Katana's when the model numbers given match the model numbers on Wileyco's own website for the Suzuki Katana.
    Kyle

Comment

mine fit suggly after putting the midpipe on ice. The hardest part was getting the damn centerstand bolt back in. They send you a littel piece to lower the resting place ofyour center so it doesn't rest on the mid pipe
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by philwecksr
        mine fit suggly after putting the midpipe on ice. The hardest part was getting the damn centerstand bolt back in. They send you a littel piece to lower the resting place ofyour center so it doesn't rest on the mid pipe
        I skipped the centerstand bar. Mine comes only within 1/2 inch from the midpipe and will never hit it or the chain.
        sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

I put one on my 03 and it was hard to get on. Here are a couple of tips. First go to the local auto parts store and barrow an exhaust pipe expander and use it on the header. Second cut about 1/2 to 3/4 inch off of the midpipe. After doing those two things, mine seems to fit and stay in place. Also, they send you a little metal bracket for the center stand. I cut a notch in mine so it did not hit the center stand nut. By the way, I love the way the Wileyco sounds.

Comment

I had not to much trouble getting the ebay wileyco on my 05 750. I just spread the notched flaps on the flange on the header pipe with pliers. Then just wiggled the mid pipe in. You must take out the exhaust gasket though. I then used the new clamp on the mid pipe and tightened it down and it closed the notched flaps that I spread out. This worked with minimal leaks and sounds great havnt had any problems.

I bought my CF wiley co for $120 well worth it

Comment

Well, by girls brother and I tried putting my on and it just wasn't going to happen. Luckliy one of his buddies has a shop and they are going to machine it for me so that it'll fit nice and snug. Although I hate to say it, I'm kinda glad it snowed here lastnight, now I have a reason to keep my bike parked until its done, Thats it, I'm out.

Comment

love my wileyco, sound is amazing and the price was 100 with shipping. Glad I saved the money not buying other brands

Comment

Just finished putting the new can on and it sounds sweeeeeeet! My Gal wanted me to keep cranking it up it sounded so good...Vey nice exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by KatGemini1975
                    Just finished putting the new can on and it sounds sweeeeeeet! My Gal wanted me to keep cranking it up it sounded so good...Vey nice exhaust.
                    Its A Wiley Co, forget to put that in there,

Comment

Working...
                    X