X

Just about time to put away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just about time to put away

Well first riding season for me is just about over. As I reflect back on the year it was pretty good, bought a 96 kat for 900, brought her back to life with some minor work gave her a temporary paint job, took the msf class got my license and was out enjoying the rides. However now it's time to put her away and begin all over, this winter I'm looking to crack into some new things, gonna try a valve adjustment not quite sure how but hoping to learn give her a whole new paint job more led lights deep clean the carbs hard core and get ready for next season. Big thanks to everyone here so far you guys answer some questions that otherwise I would be in a lot of trouble and I'm sure I'll have more to come.

Make sure you order a shim kit, the small size kit should do ya. Not difficult at all if you follow the manual. Set the gap to the midrange of the spec.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Make sure you order a shim kit, the small size kit should do ya. Not difficult at all if you follow the manual. Set the gap to the midrange of the spec.
      Ya I saw a kit on eBay believe it said hot shims or something for like $70 think that's the one ill get

Comment

Hot cam maybe? Im eyeballing the same kit

Comment

Hot cams is the one, small sizes.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Nice. All the best for next season and safe riding Must be horrible to have to put your bike away for months
            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
              Nice. All the best for next season and safe riding Must be horrible to have to put your bike away for months

Agreed, that is one reason I am really enjoying south Florida right now. I may throw in my warming liner on my jacket, or just throw a hoodie on. But riding season is year around. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthomX View Post
                Agreed, that is one reason I am really enjoying south Florida right now. I may throw in my warming liner on my jacket, or just throw a hoodie on. But riding season is year around. Love it.
                Don't get me wrong, it ain't much fun riding around in the pissing rain, but thankfully there's not many days that I can't take a bike out over here. I do feel for peeps who have to live with proper winters, not like the few days of snow we usually get.
                Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  Hot cams is the one, small sizes.
                  Ya that's the one thanks

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
                  Don't get me wrong, it ain't much fun riding around in the pissing rain, but thankfully there's not many days that I can't take a bike out over here. I do feel for peeps who have to live with proper winters, not like the few days of snow we usually get.

I feel ya guy wish I didn't have to put it away but gives me some down time to check everything and redo what I want without taking out of riding time lol
                  Last edited by cvfd63jr4; 11-03-2013, 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                  X