No announcement yet.
X

1997 Katana 600 will not turn on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have finish Cleaning out the carbs, I followed the tutorial on here and it was step by step. Now to replace spark plugs and fuel lines.

Comment

Good luck with that!

Just remember to clean the wells before extracting the old plugs so no crap get knocked in there.

With the new fuel lines - it can be hard to slip them over the barbs. I find dipping then in boiling water in a coffee flask just before you slide them on works wonders.

Comment

Update: I have cleaned Carbs and looking to get plugs and fuel lines the week.

Great carb 101 tutorial on this site, as a beginner it was easy to follow and very detailed might have to adjust choke screws tho ��
        Last edited by chicagohacker; 10-15-2013, 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Anyone selling gas tank with petcock?

Comment

Originally posted by chicagohacker View Post
            Anyone selling gas tank with petcock?

NEW petcock will cost you about $65 from BikeBandit.com Have you explored the options of cleaning/sealing your current tank..?
            '94 GSX750F StreetFighter
            ***Under Con/(de)struction***

Comment

I notice on the gas tank, there was an area were they welded. Looks like where the vacuum hoses go. Also they sealed a portion of the pet cock where the adjusting valve goes.....

Comment

In my opinion, don't second guess on a fuel tank that holds twenty litres of flammable nasty liquid than could blow up in your face.

Get a new one.

Comment

That's on my to do list. I have been,searching the net for one.

Comment

I think that is a complete mess.

However, if it's structurally sound, no leaks, it can be stripped, de-rusted and finished up.

All depends how much effort you are willing to put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                      I think that is a complete mess.

However, if it's structurally sound, no leaks, it can be stripped, de-rusted and finished up.

All depends how much effort you are willing to put in.
                      Ok, will keep searching.....Where could I find a tank??? any recommendations?

Comment

eBay

Comment

Working...
                        X