X

Exhaust blocking oil plug

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust blocking oil plug

So this may sound stupid, but I'm trying to do an oil change and the exhaust pipe runs right under the drain plug. What would be the easiest way to get that portion of the exhaust out of the way?

Angle grinder?

Comment

Or drop the header...presuming the bolts aren't seized to the head.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

my V&H exhaust gives me the same issue an my midpipe is rusted to the header so I feel your pain lol. I replaced the allen key bolts with stainless steel hex head bolts an coat them in anti seize paste every time I drop the exhaust for an oil change. If you don't have an impact gun give each bolt a few good wacks with a socket extension and a hammer to break em free from rust
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by jwarring33 View Post
          So this may sound stupid, but I'm trying to do an oil change and the exhaust pipe runs right under the drain plug. What would be the easiest way to get that portion of the exhaust out of the way?

For your bike and exhaust, you "should" be able to just remove the mid pipe/can. The header normally terminates just right before the bolt, and it's the midpipe that is actually blocking it.

Unless someone put a 750 exhaust on your 600...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
            Angle grinder?

Current : GSX750F 2006
            Previous : CB900F 1982

Comment

Working...
            X