X

possible valve lash on an 89 600.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible valve lash on an 89 600.

hey guys, per the service manual, i went out and tried to adjust my valves. they are the shim type, and my question is this.. the tolerance range is between .04 and .08 for the valve clearance correct? im getting numbers between 7 and 11 on all my valves with the feeler gauge. would this cause the valve slap and rattling im hearing? or could my noise be something else...

You mean .07 to .11?
    If they are out of tolerance, you will have some ticking. Excessive noise is usually the cam chain tensioner.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Bandittwo2 View Post
      hey guys, per the service manual, i went out and tried to adjust my valves. they are the shim type, and my question is this.. the tolerance range is between .04 and .08 for the valve clearance correct? im getting numbers between 7 and 11 on all my valves with the feeler gauge. would this cause the valve slap and rattling im hearing? or could my noise be something else...
      Which valves were you measuring?

Intake and Exhaust have different tolerances.

Intake are in the range you mentioned. Exhaust is a little higher. I don't have the manual or the numbers commited to memory exactly, but the .07 to .11 would probably be the range the exhaust is supposed to be in.

Might want to re-read the manual and double check your work.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X