X

advance ignition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advance ignition

Searching the threads here I can't seem to locate the post about modifying the ignition plate to advance the timing on a post Kat. I have a factory pro stage 1 in the mail and plan on adding a slip on afterwards. I gather from research that the advance is a good next step. Where was that thread?

Just buy a freaking 5 degree ignition advancer. Factory Pro sells them. That's a much better way to go than messing up the OEM plate. It is the KR way to spend 0 dollars though. Search for "poor man ignition advancer".

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      Just buy a freaking 5 degree ignition advancer. Factory Pro sells them. That's a much better way to go than messing up the OEM plate. It is the KR way to spend 0 dollars though. Search for "poor man ignition advancer".
      "Why did I think of that. Good info bro." (Arsenic 03-07-05)

So, depending on which side of the bed you crawled from in the morning, or whether you thought of it or not, it could be a good idea or a bad idea.

If you're careful with the process, it's a good idea because:

It's free.
      It provides adjustability.
      There are no left-over bits so it's environmentally friendly too.

Comment

I get the whole "slap down the credit card" idea. But I'm more of a builder/fabricator mentality. I like the idea of doing it all myself. Built carb sync tool. Repaired and repainted all of my plastics. Etc. not a boast by any means. Just enjoy the work

Comment

Engine parts are better bought than modified, safety first.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I bought mine from holeshot.. They come with the gasket also

Comment

I bought mine. It's probably the easiest mod and bang for the buck on a Kat.

Comment

Ok. Ok. I'll buy one! Lol

Comment

Working...
                X