X

Male end separated from my petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male end separated from my petcock

I searched through endless petcock threads and found no wisdom. I have a stupid problem. I just replaced my fuel hoses while replacing a faulty fuel T between carbs 1 and 2. The hoses were getting stiff so I figured why not. I reassembled the bike and she runs like a champion. Now I have sprung a new leak from the left side (front of the bike) of the petcock. It seems the male end where the hose attaches is spinning freely and leaking fuel slowly but surely.

Here is my question: If I remove the petcock assembly can I just carefully beat the male end back in to the unit or is it a lost cause. I am just being cheap and don't want to spend money If I don't have to.

Originally posted by zach5045 View Post
    I searched through endless petcock threads and found no wisdom. I have a stupid problem. I just replaced my fuel hoses while replacing a faulty fuel T between carbs 1 and 2. The hoses were getting stiff so I figured why not. I reassembled the bike and she runs like a champion. Now I have sprung a new leak from the left side (front of the bike) of the petcock. It seems the male end where the hose attaches is spinning freely and leaking fuel slowly but surely.

Here is my question: If I remove the petcock assembly can I just carefully beat the male end back in to the unit or is it a lost cause. I am just being cheap and don't want to spend money If I don't have to.
    Same thing has happened to me on an old petcock. Should be able to push/knock it back in there because I think it's just pressure fitted. Give it a try.

Comment

Rubber mallet or lighter dead blow hammer. Tap, tap, tap, done!

Comment

This happened to me a while back, too! I put a tiny amount of thread locking compound on the end of the brass pipe (just a smear, really) & GENTLY tapped it back into place. I then left it for a couple of hours before turning the tap on to allow fuel flow. Been fine ever since!

Comment

If the male end separates from your pet cock, I guess you are left with a pet hen??

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
            If the male end separates from your pet cock, I guess you are left with a pet hen??

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
              First motorcycle - new project
              1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Working...
              X