X

Question on carb sync

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on carb sync

Hi there I'm about to perform a carb sync, I haven't done one before but I'm assuming with the proper equipment it'll go smoothly. I plan to leave the fuel tank on it's side while doing the sync. I've seen where the caps are to plug the sync tool into, but I can't find it on the 4th carb. Is it the vacuum tube that connects to the petcock? I thought I heard something about it being in the right side of the bike but I can't seem to find it. I've looked for old threads but the pictures are unavailable.

Originally posted by eatmycrackers View Post
    Hi there I'm about to perform a carb sync, I haven't done one before but I'm assuming with the proper equipment it'll go smoothly. I plan to leave the fuel tank on it's side while doing the sync. I've seen where the caps are to plug the sync tool into, but I can't find it on the 4th carb. Is it the vacuum tube that connects to the petcock? I thought I heard something about it being in the right side of the bike but I can't seem to find it. I've looked for old threads but the pictures are unavailable.
    For the 98+ models, yes... the sync port is the same as where the vacuum line for the petcock plugs onto it.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thnk you very much, I know it was a stupid question but I'm still new to this stuff have a good one

Comment

I also went to do a carb sync yesterday and I had some problems with the gas line not being long enough to reach the tank. Any solutions for that? How exactly did you place your tank?
        sigpic
        Oh Lord Jesus it's a fire!

Comment

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Go to a hardware store pick urself up a few feet of hose the same size as ur fuel line and vaccume line a sit ur tank above the bike on a bench..still cheaper then a aux fuek tank

Comment

Working...
            X