Intake boot bolts - Torque spec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake boot bolts - Torque spec

Hi everybody.

I own a 2006, GSX750F and is at the moment doing some repairs. I am about to change the O-rings on the intake boots (between engine and intake boot) due to suspected vacuum leak. I have a Haynes manual, but can't find the torque spec for those intake boot bolts. Does anyone know what spec is? I really like to do it properly and not under/over-tighten anything!

Thanks in advance!

I don't think the service manual specifically states a torque spec for the boots, I know for a fact if you use a ratcheting wrench with a Philips head, you will without much effort, break your intake boot.

So I decided to go with as tight as possible with a regular screw driver, without over doing it.

Comment

Hand tight and a quarter turn is my rule of thumb for bolts like that. If it's a philips just tighten it with a philips and you shouldn't be able to overtorque it.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. On my bike the bolts/screws are hex head cap screws, but I think I will use a screwdriver with a hex bit per your advice, and just carefully thighten it!

Comment

You want them tight, but not too tight. The older they get the easier it is to fracture them. Breakneck is right on it - hand tight and a quarter generally works great for anything that doesn't have a specified torque.

Comment

Old thread, but useful... Thanks!
            GSX 600f '88
            ------------
            Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Comment

Working...
            X