X

used carbs? how much on average?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used carbs? how much on average?

hey ya'll is 200 bucks too much for a set of used carbs off a 2004 gsx600f with i little under 5k miles?

Originally posted by ejc03katana View Post
    hey ya'll is 200 bucks too much for a set of used carbs off a 2004 gsx600f with i little under 5k miles?
    Are they rebuilt?

If no, I would say probably...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

no dont think there rebuilt

Comment

It doesn't matter at all that the carbs have a little under 5K miles. How long has it been sitting? Since like 2005? Low mileage on a set of carbs that are 9 years old is actually a negative.

Comment

all i really know about the bike is it was wrecked and traded in to a salvage yard for a motor or something and he is parting the bike out.

Comment

Sometimes you can get gems from salvage. Sometimes you just get junk that will be an endless moneypit to get working How lucky are you feeling?

Comment

If you buy a set of carbs that have not been rebuilt, your most likely looking at...

$100 in 4 rebuild kits.
              $50 in misc. additional parts IF (and that's a big if!) IF the carbs are in really good shape, a lot more if you have to start replacing the caps, slide diaphrams, idle adjuster cable, I could go on...
              $25 for carb dip to clean them.
              $15 for carb spray to clean them.

So... anyways, $200 + $195 in parts and supplies to clean them yourself, or....

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

so what your sayin is its a risk either way until i get more experience in knowing what to look for with carbs and takin them apart myself

Comment

Originally posted by ejc03katana View Post
                  so what your sayin is its a risk either way until i get more experience in knowing what to look for with carbs and takin them apart myself

I'm saying clean your own if they are rebuild-able, or buy rebuilt ones. Buying a whole new set used is a risk... yes, you could get a working set, or you could get worse than what you have already.

Unless your needing a set to scrounge for broken parts on yours, or your very good a rebuilding them, it's probably not in your best interest to buy unknown used ones over rebuilding your own.

But... you choice...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Here's a set of rebuilt carbs, with a DJ jet kit:
                    [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190830088605&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 98-06[/ame]
                    I have a set with the stock jetting for $395, but they aren't done yet.

Comment

ok thanks kreylen and arsenic im going to try to clean or rebuild mine first and if i need a set ill try to get ahold of you first arsenic

Comment

Working...
                      X