X

dynojet vs factory pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynojet vs factory pro

Which one do you like, and what advantages do each have?

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Um... Factory Pro works and Dynojunk sucks...

That pretty much sums it up.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Bike runs really well with factory pro jets, but its expensive for what you get
        in the package.( needles & main jets) I also changed emulsion tubes,
        carb boot o rings ( engine side) ,cleaned carbs at least 3 times since I had them off. New needles & emulsion tubes really helped gas millage.
        Factory pro kit for the 1100 kat is about $110.00 shipped..

Comment

I hear factory pro on this site a lot so of course thats what im going with but people I know telling me to get dyno jet.

Comment

Don't worry, I know a lot of dumbfucks too

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Don't worry, I know a lot of dumbfucks too

you just made my day a lot better
              http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

The other day my uncle suggested a dynojet kit and K&N pods... I decided not to take his advice seriously anymore

Comment

For a lot of other bikes - that advice would be spot on. All depends on the bike at hand.
                  My Thundercat absolutely loved a K&N and jet kit - although I have to admit, I cannot remember exactly which kit it was

It sounded great with the Micron exhaust!

Comment

yeah to be fair he said I should do it because it worked great on his GSX-R1100

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                      For a lot of other bikes - that advice would be spot on. All depends on the bike at hand.
                      My Thundercat absolutely loved a K&N and jet kit - although I have to admit, I cannot remember exactly which kit it was

It sounded great with the Micron exhaust!
                      Thats kind of what I gathered. Other bikes dynojet prob is the way to go but for my katana... Katriders say use factory pro so im going fp. None of my friends own a katana. One used to own one but never did any work to it.

Comment

Just for clarification...

Factory Pro kits come with mikuni jets, and custom needles that are adjustable and shaped to work specifically with the carbs (and subsequently the mikuni jets) they are made for.

This means... since your using the mikuni jets, the flows of fuel and changes when you pick differnt sizes are predictable and easily worked out. The carbs were desinged to use those jets in conjunction with all the other components... like the spring in the slide, the slide holes for vacuum and how quickly the slide raises at rpms, so on. This is primarly because the "sizes" are specific to the flow. The jets are shaped in a way that regulates that. Also, since the needles are designed to work with the OEM brand jets, you end up with a simple to instal kit that works better than OEM because you have adjustability.

Dynojunk uses their own "custom" jets... the sizes do not match up, as they size them based upon the size of the hole, not the fuel flow through them. Also the holes are differently shaped through those jets, so the flows are not the same at all rpms. The Dynojunk needles are designed to work with thier jets only, but the testing and application of how they work on Kats suggest to me that they never tested them on a Katana setup... instead it's a "crossover" from a GSXR... using the higher profiled cams as an example, so when put into the "detuned" katana setup... they just don't work as well. It's pretty clear to me that they didn't test this setup very well at all since they actually recomend "K&N" air filters with the CV carbs... that very clearly do not work well with Katana again... due in part to the detuned cams, addtionally ... because CV carbs were not designed for that high of an air flow.

Additionally, to compensate for the issues with fuel flow through thier "custom" jets being different than what the carbs were designed for, they have you make modifications to the carbs to make them work with their parts.

Factory Pro doesn't make you modify your carbs to work with their parts.

So... Yeah, you can do a whole lot of tuning and testing if you have the equiptment to get the Dynojunk to work... it can be made to work... if you have the time and equiptment to dial it in.

Or... you can plug and play with the factory pro kit that works easier, and better...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          Just for clarification...

Factory Pro kits come with mikuni jets, and custom needles that are adjustable and shaped to work specifically with the carbs (and subsequently the mikuni jets) they are made for.

This means... since your using the mikuni jets, the flows of fuel and changes when you pick differnt sizes are predictable and easily worked out. The carbs were desinged to use those jets in conjunction with all the other components... like the spring in the slide, the slide holes for vacuum and how quickly the slide raises at rpms, so on. This is primarly because the "sizes" are specific to the flow. The jets are shaped in a way that regulates that. Also, since the needles are designed to work with the OEM brand jets, you end up with a simple to instal kit that works better than OEM because you have adjustability.

Dynojunk uses their own "custom" jets... the sizes do not match up, as they size them based upon the size of the hole, not the fuel flow through them. Also the holes are differently shaped through those jets, so the flows are not the same at all rpms. The Dynojunk needles are designed to work with thier jets only, but the testing and application of how they work on Kats suggest to me that they never tested them on a Katana setup... instead it's a "crossover" from a GSXR... using the higher profiled cams as an example, so when put into the "detuned" katana setup... they just don't work as well. It's pretty clear to me that they didn't test this setup very well at all since they actually recomend "K&N" air filters with the CV carbs... that very clearly do not work well with Katana again... due in part to the detuned cams, addtionally ... because CV carbs were not designed for that high of an air flow.

Additionally, to compensate for the issues with fuel flow through thier "custom" jets being different than what the carbs were designed for, they have you make modifications to the carbs to make them work with their parts.

Factory Pro doesn't make you modify your carbs to work with their parts.

So... Yeah, you can do a whole lot of tuning and testing if you have the equiptment to get the Dynojunk to work... it can be made to work... if you have the time and equiptment to dial it in.

Or... you can plug and play with the factory pro kit that works easier, and better...

Krey

Thanks a lot of good info

Comment

Working...
                          X