X

airbox sucking air arrgg!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbox sucking air arrgg!!!!

i have not been so pissed at something so simple in a long time. I have a 95 katana 600, no matter what i do i cannot get the middle two boots to seal. when i go to tighten them they just walk of the carbs. the boot seem decent i dont want to spend a 100 bucks on new boots and have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated because i've had it with this POS
    thanks
    when in doubt power out sally!!!!

1. Remove airbox and carbs from bike. (Don't disconnect the throttle cables. This can be done at the bike.)
    2. Remove air filter from airbox.
    3. With hand inside airbox to hold boots onto carbs, install airbox onto carbs and tighten clamps.
    4. Install air filter.
    5. Install carbs/airbox assembly on bike.

Done.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      1. Remove airbox and carbs from bike. (Don't disconnect the throttle cables. This can be done at the bike.)
      3. With hand inside airbox to hold boots onto carbs, install airbox onto carbs and tighten clamps.
      4. Install air filter.

Done.
      Wish I thought of sticking my hand in the airbox.. I fought for a good 30 minutes trying to get mine one. Finally got it though.
      First motorcycle - new project
      1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

If u still have problems with them slipping off ill share what i did. Go to lowes or local hardware store and pick up rubber pvc connectors that fit ur carbs and out them inside the rubber boot. Took up some of the space and gave a much better seal that wont slip off or pull air

Comment

4. Install air filter.

Done.
          This
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Man I feel like a moron I thought I tried everything but I'm sure you guys know when you are super pissed you get tunnel vision. I'll be putting that trick in the old memory bank. MAn thanks for trick ill be useing it quite abit bike still won't. Idle under 2 grand I figured the boot issue would have cured it. Anyway thanks again
            when in doubt power out sally!!!!

Comment

4. Install air filter.

Done.

Yup.....that's the way to do it. Works all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X