X

93 750 "cold" cylinders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 750 "cold" cylinders

I picked up this bike from a friend it had been sitting for a couple years 18k. I flushed the tank pulled the carbs cleaned them, clean as they can get without breaking them down, oil change. New ngk plugs after cutting the ends off the wires and screwing them back down. runs poorly (fairly certain there are no vacuum leaks) wont hold an idle and the throttle response is pitiful went to check the pipes by touch and the right side is hot left is cold. I know the cylinders arent blown out. My guess is a fuel problem since i pulled the boot and tested for spark with an old plug. will test compression once i rediscover my tester. Any thoughts my best guess is fuel dumping into those cylinders based off the semi wet plugs. Also rebuild kits where is the best retailer/wholesaler?

Thanks

Plugs wet with fuel or oil?

Comment

Start with simple......as in check how you hooked up the coils and plug wires. Left coil= 1&4
      Right coil=2&4
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Wet with fuel, and the wires are routed correctly. also the plugs seem to have little or no carbon as if there was no spark seems like it just floods as soon as vacuum is applied thats all i can think of.
        Last edited by kk750; 07-18-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Probably a stuck float.

Comment

The floats arent stuck but the needle could possibly have a bad seal. Any recommendations on where to get rebuild kits other than say amazon ebay or bikebandit?

Comment

If the bike sat for 2 years, the carbs will need a proper clean - full strip and soak as per "Carbs 101".

A lot of guys on here recommend Bikebandit. Between them and Factory Pro you should source everything you need, but Fleabay is great too is you are sourcing brand name products.

Also check the fuel lines for kinks.

Comment

Working...
              X