X

Swopping Speedo Heads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swopping Speedo Heads

I swopped my 750 head for a 600 as the odometer/mileometer has disappeared.
    I noticed two diff top speeds and wondered if the speed sensor would still give the same 30 and 50 mph readings..

anyone else noticed this???

PS I also noticed the rev counter has also an extra 500rpm difference between them too

I'm outa here

I think the 600 has a 47t rear sprocket and the 750 has a 45t one which would make the speedometer off if you did the swap. I may be wrong though so hopefully others will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut1236 View Post
      I think the 600 has a 47t rear sprocket and the 750 has a 45t one which would make the speedometer off if you did the swap. I may be wrong though so hopefully others will chime in.
      Funny you say this ,the 160mph 750 clocks seemed to be reading 5 mph faster than I was moving. I.E. @ 30 it showed 35, @ 50 it was 57 and @ 70 was nearer 80mph

I have just changed chain and sprockets a DID set and went for stock,these did the same speed uptill I changed the clocks.

Suppose I need to speed check with a fixed camera that flashes up your speed.....
      I'm outa here

Comment

There should be no difference for the reading, as the output is the same to both guages. The gauge interprets the actual speed from the digital input, so... while they have different displays, they would both show the same actual speed with no other changes.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well you never would have thought it.... The 600 speedo is reading spot on cording to the flash up speed warning.
          @30 shows me @ 29 and @40 said 39.....so I don't know what the head was out of before IF it was a replacement.
          I presume the speedo heads only fit the Kats and nothing else like the busa.?
          I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
          X