X

Missing a "ring" in carb help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing a "ring" in carb help please

So I was having some carburetor issues as I discussed in a different post my idle rpm was through the roof. I removed the air box to see this mess.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372735687.743581.jpg

As you can see the jet needle in carb 2 is not at all in the right place. I removed the cover and found the spring in a U shape and the jet needle going through the wrong hole in the piston valve. I repositioned it and reassembled it without looking at my service manual... Mistake. I noted that the piston valve was able to raise higher in 2 than any other carb. I looked at the diagram on my service manual (page 236) and I see why. I did not have #4 ring. If you don't have the manual I'm talking about this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372736060.905909.jpg

Is there anywhere I can get this part? My rpm is still way too high though less than it was. Still idling at 4500 (was 6000-7000) I'm sure this is the cause.

Forgot to note its a 1994 gsx750f

Comment

Google the part no for the ring and you will find sources for it. It is part no. 13382-42a00

I like to use the CMSNL.COM site for parts fiche.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!!

Current rides
      1993 Suzuki Katana 600
      1981 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Comment

I'd recommend double checking the part isn't in there/fell out at the work bench.

Pretty irregular for it to just be missing. (not impossible I'm sure, but... lets try the simple answer first.)

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X