X

Starter Keeps Starting???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Keeps Starting???

Ok this is my FIRST bike (90 Katana 600) and for some reason the guy i got the bike from had the electric start by passed to a toggle switch and earlier today the bike started and ran great. Got back from my ride shut the bike off... later on into the night i went to go for. another ride, it started fine but the starter kept hanging up (trying to keep starting) the toggle was off, i hit the kill switch and it still kept trying to start cut the wires to the toggle still nothing so i had to unhook the battery to get it to stop... any help here guys would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advanced!

relay arched closed. measure resistance across the to big terminals, should be open when not starting or you have a short in the start circuit.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ok ill check that i thought it was a short also cause after a few seconds before i got to my tools the start circut started to smoke and the wires were HOT as Hell lol

but thanks alot! ill check over all of it just to make sure i get it corrected

Comment

Working...
      X