Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What are these things coming from the bottom of the tank??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these things coming from the bottom of the tank??

Please look at this picture and tell me what 1 and 2 are and what they connect to. I would really appreciate it, thanks
    Attached Files

Wait, wait, I know this one!

#2 is a drain from the cap area, drains small overflows from filling and water all the time.

#1 I believe is a tank vent or pressure vent.

Both should have tubing attached leading down around the motor and transmission to exit the bottom.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

the one from the tank is the over flow , the one from the sender is a drain incase the sender has an internal leak
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ok cool so both are hoses that just exit out the bottom of the bike, nothing more?

Comment

Yip
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
            #1 I believe is a tank vent or pressure vent.
            The only "vent" on the gas tank is in the tank lid for non CA model bikes.

CA model bikes have another port on the bottom that connects to the PAIR system. While not a pressure equalization vent like in the gas cap, there is a fuel fumes capture device in the tank and a vacuum line attached to it.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X