X

92 stuck in first!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 stuck in first!

Ok hello to everyone, so I picked up a 92 gsx600f that needed a few things mechanicaly most of which are fixed except.... The foot shifter is completley stuck(in 1st). I replaced the sprocket covet as the old one had no pin for the shifter peg to turn on and also the whole shifter assembly. Now when I was trying to put the new shifter assembly on I ended up beating the new one(c clamp looking piece) on with a hammer which got the splines to line up but I'm also afraid I bent a shift fork in the process because now I can't shift Down or up its just stuck. The part with the splines on it that go onto the tranny is loose or something to it moves slightly (if your sitting on the bike) left to right. Any help would be amazing! Oh yea and I promise I'll slow down next time before resorting to a hammer..

Verify you assembled it correctly, a hammer is not good on trannies. Try rocking the bike in gear , maybe you can work it free. It not, you'll have to dig back into the tranny.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Tryed that, just doesn't seem to want to budge. Shifter gear shaft is what I beat on, hopefully that wouldn't have damaged anything would it? I mean I wasn't taking a sledge to it

Comment

As long as you didn't whale on it, it shouldn't jamb up. My guess is, something didn't go back together correctly, possibly the shims in the trans, or the shift lever spring. Did it operate before? I'm guessing that it didn't and the trans was locked up already.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-22-2013, 12:19 AM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

It shifted fine before, the shifter boot was just broke so it was akward but it shifted up to 3rd riding around the block when o bought it.

Comment

I would check the chech the shift lever didn't get jambed into the trans.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Ok then, am I gonna have to "crack the case" as I've read people doing? Was hoping I didn't have too.

Comment

Working...
              X