X

Idle at 5000-7000 rpm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle at 5000-7000 rpm?

I just bought a 94 gsx750f for $500 and it was running fine and I stored it for a week came back and started it up and it starts running at 5000-7000 rpm in idle instead of the 1100 it was. I have no idea what happened to it. The idle screw has no change on the rpm. Any advice you could give me on what happened or how to fix it would be great.

Choke stuck open or something catching the throttle assembly on the carbs (like an improperly placed carb boot clamp...) are 2 thoughts off hand.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

check the linkage up by the handle bars, maybe when storing it,it got snagged on something....

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        .... something catching the throttle assembly on the carbs (like an improperly placed carb boot clamp...) are 2 thoughts off hand.

Krey
        ^This. Is exactly what happened to me, it happens.

Comment

Working...
        X