X

friend's 2000 zx7r

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friend's 2000 zx7r

since other forums can't compare to this one, my friend asked me to check on you guys' advice about his 750.

with the airbox off, and good synching being done, his bike makes a little backfiring out of one of the carbs. it's not too loud or anything, but it's often enough to pop the vacuum line off the carb during the synch process.

the bike starts and rides well... if my friend had any complaint, he would say that maybe it seems a little hesitant to grow any balls between 1000-4000k rpm.

spark plugs are new. sea foam has been used. i don't think he put premium fuel in in. what should we try?

He also has a slip on, some kind of jet kit (maybe a KN) and AF screws 2.5 out

Thanks
    Last edited by edromero; 06-15-2013, 10:28 AM.
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Originally posted by edromero View Post
    since other forums can't compare to this one, my friend asked me to check on you guys' advice about his 750.

with the airbox off, and good synching being done, his bike makes a little backfiring out of one of the carbs. it's not too loud or anything, but it's often enough to pop the vacuum line off the carb during the synch process.

the bike starts and rides well... if my friend had any complaint, he would say that maybe it seems a little hesitant to grow any balls between 1000-4000k rpm.

spark plugs are new. sea foam has been used. i don't think he put premium fuel in in. what should we try?

He also has a slip on, some kind of jet kit (maybe a KN) and AF screws 2.5 out

Thanks
    If an intake valve is not properly seating, or the adjustment is off... ignition will occur when it's still open causing backfire.

I would start with valve adjustment, then do a leak down test to ensure the valve is sealing.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Awesome thankss
      previous rides
      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
      next ride - another kat

Comment

Kawiforums.com member name is whitehendrix, knows more about the zx7 than anyone else possibly could.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X