X

Jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets

Can some one tell me how big the stock jets are on a 2001 Katana 600.

Also what is the best brand of jet kit to get for the bike.

cyberpoet said the ivans is the best.

Comment

I know the pilot jet's are 12.5 stock
      I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

jets

I already have an RS-3 on it so if i change the jets and air filter how much change will i see in terms of horse power and torque (on average)

Comment

my 91 has 112.5 stock. FactoryPro's jetkit instructions also list my carbs as 112.5 accross the board
          91 Kat 600
          02 B12 S
          03 YFM660RR
          00 TRX 250D

Comment

Re: jets

Originally posted by Adbcoope
            I already have an RS-3 on it so if i change the jets and air filter how much change will i see in terms of horse power and torque (on average)
            Probably not a TON . I'd count on maybe 5hp . But the stock air filter supposedly works the best on the 98+ katanas .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've always heard that if you put new jets and pipe on it you had to put a new filter on it but if not thats cool I dont mind saving a hundred bucks

Comment

No , only if there's something wrong with the filter . Well , maybe it depends on the bike/situation . It seems with 98+ a full exhaust/jet kit is well and good , but the K&N pods will make you mad . But some people say that with their pre's a full exhaust and jets will need more air coming in to deal with the extra flow going on , so you might want pods then . But it depends on whom you talk to .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X