Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Something Strange Happened Let Me Explain...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Strange Happened Let Me Explain...

I currently have a 1993 Suzuki Katana GSXF 750 all stock even after a rebuild that most likely happened in its life time(I Suspect).

After putting in pod K&N air filters i got what i found was what everybody else found out here. Bogging down with a massive decrease in performance due to it being to lean. I have since ordered a OEM air filter that is on its way as i speak but this is all not the issue at hand.

While i was riding i took it for a little rip on a "Closed Course" an when i was getting up there in speed about 180 kmhr my bike engine felt like it seized up/stopped for about a second with a little popping sound, then the bike kicked back in and everything was great?!

I now have full acceleration back still with those K&N pods....Much more kick than it was with a fairly dirt stock oem with airbox. But thats the problem.. Why did it re adjust itself so to speak...

I checked and made sure they are still on after the ride and they still are nice and secure.... Stock jets i wud presume but the carbs were swapped out for new about 5 yrs ago. I am happy/slightly worried why this happened???? Should i be worried? Or was it just a piece of carbon coming off a spark plug that maybe kicked in my 4rth cyclinder thats my dads take idk...

Shed some light for me please Thanks!! KM/Hr is cuz im canadien eh?

Nobody can say what this is? I have only been riding for 1 year and i understand to respect the bike and want to know if its trying to tell me something lol Just trying to stay safe and ask when i dont know things!

Safe riding guys!

Comment

A miracle . With stock jetting , pods , and a pipe , there's no WAY it's gonna run well , or even decent ..... However , if NO pipe .... You COULD be sucking in too much mix , and not able to exhale fast enough , possibly causing some foulage . Mine acted like that sometimes , and once the rpm's got up magically ran better . Ditch pods first thing , start with carbs close to stock , and go from there ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply! I heard somewhere that the stock CV carbs wont run them well ever. But as i mentioned i was told they got new carbs 5 years ago. Can they be the flatside carbs that work with carbs or no? How can i check? Also i have the stock dual exhaust system. Also worth noting when i had the stock air filter/ airbox my bike ran fairly rich... cud be just the dirt old oem air filter tho.... But it did run smooth with that airbox.... Well i will be getting on my bike for another ride here soon ill see what these pods are up to... I really like that deep growl it gives the kat tho!

Comment

Stock pre 750 carbs are BST36SS . Numbers on the side . You get the stock filter yet ? Until you get THAT , we're just kinda wasting our time here ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Went out for another ride with the pods still waiting for my OEM air filter. Ran like crap of course ... Should i do spark plugs aswell with the air filter? Probably hasnt been done for a while as for it doesnt start as well as it can. Full choke even on a summer day. Bran new battery aswell and the bike has been rewired. Also was pretty sure my bike had some sort of security system installed in it but i ripped that out it didnt work anyway.... For the spark plugs i would order the NGK 9 there stock im pretty sure.

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X