Kat 2005 turn off after sveral minuts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat 2005 turn off after sveral minuts

Hello Colleagues,
    i hope somebody knows what happened with my Kat, a couple months ago I change the spark plugs, clean te carbs and change te oil, but some weeks ago te kat start as the carbs are dirty again, thinking on that today begin theprocess and as first step, I try ti start and start so good, but afetr 10 minuts te kat turn off by herself and no start again

This will be a bad carburation?
    Or something does not work properly??

thanks for your ti me and help

You probably have a rusty gas tank which is making the carbs dirty again. Reseal it with por-15.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_93katana View Post
      You probably have a rusty gas tank which is making the carbs dirty again. Reseal it with por-15.
      What is that?
      Im in Mexico what is the name of the product or brand?

Thanks for te feedback

Comment

POR-15 UTILITY & CYCLE FUEL TANK REPAIR KIT

Comment

Or the fuel valve isn't flowing well
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Kat Friends, I have a new one topic, that i dontn know if are due to the same problem mentioned in last post, but the last weekend i still working on my kat and i found that the oil engine crankcase smell a lo of fuel "gas" and the oil lossen viscosity, yesterday arrive early at home and change that oil and looks like water...;( Somebody knows what happen?? that could provoke damage to the engine?? thanks for your feedbacks

Comment

Fuel is leaking into the crankcase passed the pistons. This is caused by the float chamber in one or more carb float not sealing.
              Also Under the fuel tank is a vacuum valve "Part of the Petcock" to stop flow when engine is not running, this also might be allowing fuel through when it's supposed not to.
              I'm outa here

Comment

Thanks! my friend. I will check it asap

Comment

Working...
                X