X

Finally got it going.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got it going.

I got a 2000 750 and it was sitting for over a year and I bought it for 700 I got a battery changed the oil and turned it on. I was so excited to ride it and when I pulled in the clutch it had no tension to it I popped it into gear and it stalled out. I had no idea what was wrong so I decided the take it apart. I started at the sprocket cover when I pulled it off I noticed the push rod was broken i have no idea how that would hapen but I throw a new one in adjusted the clutch and now I'm up and running. It's my first bike and a bit scary so I'm going to take it slow and get use to it b4 any long trips. I hope this helps someone.

Sounds like you got one heck of a deal!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Nice one, glad you're up and running the pushrod usually gets knobbled if the chain lets go but that should cause all manner of other damage too so maybe it was just down to faulty production at the factory - fracture in the material of the pushrod after case hardening ??

Stay safe, Engelskmannen.
      Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Great deal, congrats on getting it up and running!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

It looks like he was riding the bike with the chain really loose it was riding on the arm. The bike runs great only thing I noticed was when I took the first ride to a friends house my rear brakes were leaking at the reservoir and I had no pressure then I got on it again and everything was fine.

Comment

Working...
          X