X

Wobbly Mirror

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly Mirror

Anyone have any tricks for fixing a wobbly mirror? It looks like it is not adjustable in the center section, where it is wobbly. Drives me crazy to see it jiggling all around like that and its hard to see out of too! Anyone had this problem before?

Buy a new mirror.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Might as well buy two then cause I don't want one looking all new and the other one looking all poverty stricken.

By the way, not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks.

Comment

Duct tape! When I got my bike last year the left one was loose, I took $25 and bought a new one. Not sure how to fix it.

Comment

You're on a 600, right? If the stalk is solid and the mirror end is wobbling then there's not really any good fix. Replace the mirrors for about $25 each and move on.

If you really want to try to fix what you have then you could try getting the mirrors adjusted exactly how you want them and then working some clear epoxy into the joint. Never tried it myself but it might work. Worst case is it doesn't work and you're back where you started.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Clear epoxy would work for awhile but come loose in the long run.

Comment

if its the kind of mirror that has a hinge in the middle of the arm, I had one once that was loose and wobbly at that point.

All i did was peel the rubber boot back, wrap some tape around the pivot point to give it a little extra support and that was that.

instead of tape, you might try some rubber strapping, an old piece of inner tube, or a really small bungee cord. that way it's not permanent, but you can minimize the movement
              previous rides
              06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
              next ride - another kat

Comment

I might see if I can toss some tape on it to stabilize it a bit more, that's a good idea! I might try and just buy a new mirror soon anyway. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

Working...
                X