X

Oil Pan/Sump Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan/Sump Help

I decided to change my oil pan/sump (as the manual calls it) for 2 reasons.

1. I striped the main plug by over tightening it during an oil change

2. It looked like it was leaking through the pan gasket over time

I went ahead and ordered all the replacement parts I need from cheapcycleparts.com and bikebandit.com including a new pan. I realize now I probably could have kept the old pan and re drilled, threaded it and used a new gasket, but I like new so that is where I am. I have all the parts now and I thought I would get started. Following the manual(98+ 750) on page 2-47.

Installation
    12 Fit a new O-ring and install the shim

Well the shim I have isn't as wide or as deep as the old one, so it doesn't hold the O-ring in place. I put them in and they fall out. I don't know what to do. I actually reordered the parts to see if they were wrong but they look exactly the same, didn't take them out of the package so I can return them if they are the same. Not sure what to do, I can post pictures later tonight, but really need some help here. I am positive I ordered the right parts from the OEM parts diagram on both sites, really at a loss...

Here are Pictures :
    uploadfromtaptalk1368220653525.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368220680706.jpg
    The parts are correct, Suzuki factory tag on the bag.

uploadfromtaptalk1368220708785.jpg
    Where the o-ring and flange go.

uploadfromtaptalk1368220741630.jpg
    Doesn't fill space.

uploadfromtaptalk1368220778815.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368220827916.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368220946480.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368220980621.jpg
    Have to hold in flange and o-ring or they fall out.

I think maybe if I can get it to stay in the pressure regulator will keep it there but I don't want to chance it if anyone knows of something I can do...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Realize now that the pressure regulator doesn't go into the flange/o-ring hole so that wouldn't have worked anyway...

Comment

Working...
      X