X

Headlights Don't Work All Of A Sudden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights Don't Work All Of A Sudden

I have a 06 Katana 600 that all of a sudden both hi and lo headlights stop working. The day before everything was working perfectly. The turn signals work fine as well as the meters. I checked the headlight fuse and it's still but when I test to see if there is any current going to that fuse, I get nothing. This is the same for the headlight connectors.

Any ideas on where the hell I should start to try and figure out what is wrong?

headlight switch
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Do I need to replace it or check something in the ignition switch?

Comment

You can pull the control off and clean the switch and look for broken and/or corroded connections. reassemble with dielectric grease on the contacts
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Check fuses and ground and on these bikes from what I've found on mine the wires tend to fry the connector so check those wires to ..

Comment

did you check the bulbs themselves...? could have both blown for some reason?

Comment

Yes I have changed out the bulbs and still nothing.

I have also checked the connections in the parking light housing and don't seem to see any signs of damage. I even took the ignition and headlight switch apart and could not see any visible signs of damage...

Comment

This happened to me last week. It was my battery. I replaced my battery and fixed the problem

Comment

The battery is brand new, haven't even been installed a month.
                  I have gone ahead and pulled apart the headlight switch and ignition switch (not the key ignition), cleaned both of them with electric cleaner. I saw no loose wires or burnt wires and still nothing. The only other thing I can think of would be to take the tank off and try to trace the headlight wiring. I don't know what else to do at this point!

Comment

that sounds like what you need to do...got a digital voltmeter? go connection to connection til you find where power is interrupted
                    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

if the high beam light does not come on its the the wiring plug.
                      remove the center cowl piece above the headlight, on the left in there is the plug for the lights etc. Pull it apart and clean the contacts
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                      X