X

Oil Cooler Replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Cooler Replacement

Next week I plan on replacing the oil cooler on my 2002 600. I was wondering what the best way to go about adjusting the oil level would be once the new (empty) oil cooler is installed? Should I pour oil into the replacement oil cooler before I connect the lines to it?

Yes I would as long as you don't spill it out. It's common practice and I do it on my oil, trans, and power steering coolers on my race car. You also suppose to do it with the oil filter when you do and oil change that way when you start it up your pump doesn't have to fill the filter for that sec which means no oil to the bearings etc. this is obviously not done on sideways mounted filters. But I do it on my cars everytime. Basically just safe practice and it also gives u a more accurate oil fill level as some pole put oil in but forget that the filter is empty and start it and drive away thinking they are done. Then they are 1/2 to 1 qt low right from the get go.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and good advice. Once I mount the oil cooler in place ill funnel oil in there. I just wanted to make sure that was the proper procedure to prevent any future engine issues

Comment

Should be fine. Just make sure to start and check for leaks and then let it settle and check oil level again.
        1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
        fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
        55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
        R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
        Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Working...
        X