X

Katana air boxes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana air boxes

Are all katana's all years the same (pre and post)? I started to modify my a while back but realized I didn't need to do that.

Thanks
    Patrick

Originally posted by pedal_damn_it View Post
    Are all katana's all years the same (pre and post)? I started to modify my a while back but realized I didn't need to do that.

Thanks
    Patrick

The 88/89 air box is differently shaped and uses different boots. It matches up with no other models.

Pre 90-97 600cc, and 89-97 750cc are the same and can be used between these bikes easily.

Post 98+ 600cc and 750cc are the same and can be used between these bikes easily.

Post kats have differently spaced and shaped carbs... so the boots on the air box are different from pre. The air box is the same, but the boots are different. If you have the boots... then any air box 90+ will work.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Wonderful. Figures my Kat would be "that special" model. Haha. Thanks for the help Krey!

I will just use the one I have until I can find one which the price is right.

Comment

Working...
      X