X

93 kat 750 f not starting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 kat 750 f not starting

I took the beast out of the garage since winter is winding down here in north dakota. Started up fairly easily once i put the battery in it. ran it for a solid amount of time to warm it up then proceeded to change the oil.

once the oil was switched out. i rode it around a tiny bit and put it in the garage for a week. came back later tried to start it and now for the life of me it wont run.

ive tried jumping it just in case it was the battery, changed the gas out just in case the gas was the problem.

the starter turns over but just wont get it to run.
    also it has back fired while trying to start it.

any thoughts?

Did you store it with fuel in tank? did you treat the gas over the winter? whens the last time you cleaned the carbs?
    Ride like it's your last ride
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know how long you cranked the engine, but if I leave my 93 750 sitting for a week or more the bowls dry up and need to be primed before starting.

Now I happen to have another issue, prime does not work on my petcock. I just turn the petcock to run, pull off the vacuum line from the #4 carb, and lightly suck on it for 5-10 seconds. You can hear the gas start to flow if your carbs are empty.

Maybe you have the same issue?

Other suggestion: if you didn't use any gas treatment, it's possible that your gas gunked up, and while the bike ran during the first ride, that gunky gas clogged up the carbs and now you're having trouble starting the bike. Especially possible if you have ethanol in your gas. I think this scenario is a little unlikely though. I'd leave carb cleaning as a last resort, although a good carb cleaning never hurts.

Comment

yeah i did treat the gas with seafoam. It could be dry but i was messing around with the petcock while trying to start it so unless its broken like yours(my kat) then it shouldnt be that. but ill take a look see and try to figure out if its working.

Thank you for the quick replies!

Comment

Did you send me a message on eBay last night about going over your carbs? It was either from MN or MI, I don't remember. It was from someone in MI, wasn't you.
          Last edited by arsenic; 04-25-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X