Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Need help after carb rebuild & valve adjust. Bike ran 8 miles and died.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, carbs 102.
    The parts I am missing is the 2 t's on carb & 2 hoses that connect to those T's and route over airbox. Will bike run Ok without these on? Only other part I need is the little o-ring that's under top black cap. Can't a generic plumbers o-ring be used for that? #7, I think?
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

Comment

The bike will run fine without the vent hoses. They don't attach to anything. I have no idea what a plumbers #7 o-ring is.

Comment

Before you go getting generic o-rings, remember carbs contain gasoline, which dissolves many o-rings. While under normal circumstances you would not have gasoline in that area of the carb, under normal circumstances you would not have it mixed in with your oil either. I is always better to use gasoline resistant o-rings in carbs.
        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

OK, I pulled and cleaned carbs again. I synced 1&2, then 3&4. But, when I tried to sync 2&3 it was so far off screw the adjust screw fell out. I finally got that screw back in and turned a few turns to get a grip.
          I then tried to sync 1&2 again but bike was idleing high. It was getting hot so i put tank on and went for a ride.

I think it ran better than ever, but it still idles around 2200 rpm and idle adjust does nothing. I am guessing I adjusted the screw between 2&3 so far out it has affected the idle screw.

Any suggestions at this point? High idle, idle adjust does not seem to affect idle. Thanks
          Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

Comment

The sync is so far off that the throttle butterflies are open further that they should be. The idle adjuster assembly isn't doing anything because the butterflies are open too wide. The end of the adjuster isn't touching the linkage. I'd take them off and bench sync them to get the butterflies shut. It should be somewhat close at that point.

Comment

Working...
            X