X

Help! Trying to find a proper fitting front stand for a '06 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Trying to find a proper fitting front stand for a '06 Katana 750

Hey everybody, I have two bikes. I'm trying to get a front head lift stand that will work for both. I've got a newer version of the DMP (dynamic moto power) lift stand. It comes with several pins, and lifts my 250 ninja just fine. But it doesn't have the 21mm pin to lift a Kat.

I`m also concerned that even if it did have the right pin, there is a hydraulic t-tap of some sort for the front brakes right in front of the hole in the frame for the pin. I'm terrified to remove this unit, or use a lift for fear of marginally damaging it and having it fail while riding.

I'm looking for advice from individuals that have successfully used head lift stands on their Katanas.

Thanks.

FYI: The DMP stand, plus ordering a set of pins is around $158, vs. the Pit Bull stand with one extra pin for $183.
    Last edited by porschefan; 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM.

If anyone finds this, i found the dmp unsatisfactory for my needs and returned it. I would not have trusted it with the weight of the 'kat and will get a pit bull as budget allows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

im looking for the same thing. sadly need to do fork seals and would be nice to have. mines an 02 kat 750 and needs a 25mm pin.. so far cant find anyone that sells the pin if anyone can help or shoot a link that would be awesome

Comment

I came across this once.....
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
        X