X

just another issue..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just another issue..

I hate to do this but I tried searching and it just used key words and brought me to threads that weren't my issue. I have an 05 kat 750. stage 1 jet kit everything else is stock. bike idles fine runs amazing. but last night I ran into something I have not experienced. so im not sure if its an issue or if its common. I went for a hard run the other night nothing excessive but around 6,7k rpm down some roads. when I got home I parked the bike for about 5 min I then went out to try to start it to leave again and it started hard,idled quick then died. I tried again but gave it some gas and it fired up with no problem and idled smooth. sorry for the long post just trying to give as much detail as possible. and I don't want to bother people by pming them, just no friends yet..

o and the carbs were done by arsenic so im sure that's not the problem.
    Last edited by dconnors; 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Originally posted by dconnors View Post
    I hate to do this but I tried searching and it just used key words and brought me to threads that weren't my issue. I have an 05 kat 750. stage 1 jet kit everything else is stock. bike idles fine runs amazing. but last night I ran into something I have not experienced. so im not sure if its an issue or if its common. I went for a hard run the other night nothing excessive but around 6,7k rpm down some roads. when I got home I parked the bike for about 5 min I then went out to try to start it to leave again and it started hard,idled quick then died. I tried again but gave it some gas and it fired up with no problem and idled smooth. sorry for the long post just trying to give as much detail as possible. and I don't want to bother people by pming them, just no friends yet..

o and the carbs were done by arsenic so im sure that's not the problem.
    Okay, just a clarification... you didn't give it gas, you twisted the throttle. Throttle adds air. Air leans things out.

So you parked a hot engine and let it sit for a few mins and that heat transfered to the carbs. That heated fuel in the carbs and probably produced a temproary rich condition in the engine. When you tried to start the bike a few mins later it finally leaned out the mix enough for it to fire, but was still richer due to the heat (rpms jump a moment). Then you added throttle (air) leaned it out, corrected the rich issue and the hot engine that runs better on leaner mixes now was running fine.

That would be my take on it.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If the issue resolved itself after messing with the throttle, I'm inclined to suspect a problem with the cables. A minor adjustment could be needed. Perhaps they are not routed properly. They may need to be lubed as the cables could be binding in the sheath. I suspect the throttle cable is the problem, not the return cable. This is all just an educated guess.

Comment

Working...
      X