X

Brake caliper piston removal. Remove grease gun grease

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake caliper piston removal. Remove grease gun grease

Sorry this may be a silly question. Big problems removing my caliper pistons. So I read & saw on youtube a grease gun being used to great effect. How do you remove the grease afterwards? Even with the caliper in two pieces how to get into the channels within the caliper? How do you know when its all gone(the grease)?

its a messy job , im sure you can use air pressure heres a cheap version I made

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

you just need a syringe, a tube and some 2component epoxy glue

the syringe you can get a a pharmacy , tube and glue at any hardware shop.

the good thing about this setup is that you can use the same thing to prime the caliper afterwards for bleeding. no mess to clean afterwards.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

You're a god.
      Cheer mate.

Comment

haha I dont think im the first guy to do this but thanks

good luck
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

well you saved his day an made mine! New method to me. I usually just keep pumping it out with the master cylinder but that looks easy!
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I just did one that I couldnt get to move using 100psi of compressed air
            I had taken it off buddies bike that was still in storage and really didnt want to be screwing around in a cold garage
            I ended up reconecting it to a brake master cylinder( thanks to BG and Gordo spare parts bin), vac bleeding the air out the using the actual brakes master cyl to pump them out
            With out the rotor you can get them most of the way out
            Chances are one piston will move before the other , I stopped it part way by clamping with a vise grip to the outer body of the caliper
            Last edited by rexazz2; 04-15-2013, 07:23 PM.
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
            X